We are pleased to announce that Ropers Leisure will be opening safely from the 1st June 2020. Our dedicated team will be available for sales enquiries, as well as servicing and repair work. Our re-opening has been carefully thought out and planned with both the customers and our team’s safety being the main priority.
Health and safety is absolutely paramount for our staff and customers. In order to continue to limit the spread of the Coronavirus whilst ensuring business continuity, we have decided to implement some stringent changes to the way we interact with customers and colleagues until the risk is alleviated.
Ever since closing our doors on the 23rd March, we have made numerous alterations to our premises to ensure our branch is a safe place for you to visit, and if you’re unable to visit, we are able to offer you the same level of expertise, knowledge and customer service from the comfort of your own home using video calling in your own personal consultation.
Please read through the new procedures below, which we have put in place to protect staff and customers.
Upon arrival to the site
We have installed prominent floor markings to enable compliance with the social distancing rules and to ensure customers can always retain their personal space. A hand sanitising station has been installed in the main entrance and another at the entrance to the sales park and we urge all customers to ensure they use it upon entering the premises & before entering any caravans or motorhomes.
• We will be asking that a 2-metre gap be observed at all times between colleagues, and between colleagues and customers.
• All caravans and motorhomes will be locked if you wish to enter a caravan or motorhome please contact one of our sales staff to ensure after each viewing the said caravan can be fully sanitised.
• The sales desks all have protective screens for both your and our safety and will be fully cleaned and sanitised after each appointment.
• If you have seen a caravan or motorhome you would like to view, please book an appointment to limit the number of people on the site at any one time.
• If you would rather not enter the buildings, we are happy to arrange a ‘’contactless’’ visit for you. We also offer services such as video calling.
• All caravans and motorhomes will be fully sanitised before collection.
• All customers will be contacted by phone prior to the scheduled handover to discuss our changes in the handover procedures.
• The preferred option for collection would be via instructional videos.
• Alternatively, customers will be given the option to collect without a handover and return later for a full working demonstration.
• We encourage the use of bank transfer or payment over the phone to keep physical contact to a minimum.
• We would kindly ask that all customers wishing to browse our accessory shop use the hand sanitising station prior to entering the premises and respect other customers and staff by adhering to social distancing guidelines. To help with this we have clear floor markings and screens fitted in the till area.
• We will be happy to take payment over the phone and send items via our preferred carriers. We are also happy to arrange car park collections if you prefer.
Servicing and warranty
• All customers will be phoned in advance of their scheduled appointment to confirm attendance and to discuss the scheduled jobs.
• At this point we will confirm that the customer is not showing any signs or symptoms of COVID-19 and that they have not been in contact with anyone showing symptoms and have not recently returned from a restricted area.
• We will outline our current health and safety processes in this phone call.
• After the phone call an email will be sent to confirm all jobs that are to be carried out, along with our new working procedures.
• A clear and prominent tape line has been placed at the front of all desks to ensure social distancing is adhered to. Please respect this upon arrival.
• Upon delivery, please unlock your caravan and leave the caravan keys inside the door.
• A member of the team will come and unhook your caravan and take the caravan from you. We ask that you respect the social distancing guidelines set out by the government at this time.
• If you would rather not enter the buildings, we are happy to arrange a ‘’contactless’’ visit with us.
Servicing and warranty collection
• Once all the agreed work has been done, a member of the team will contact you to confirm completion and take full payment if required. Both your keys and any relevant paperwork will be left in an envelope inside the door.
• We ask that all customers please arrive as close to their appointment time as possible. This will help us limit the number of customers on the premises at any time.
• On arrival and respecting social distancing, please inform a member of the team of your arrival and we will then arrange for the caravan to be hooked to your car for collection.
We appreciate your cooperation at this challenging time. We will continue to monitor the changing situation and amend our new policies and procedures accordingly as and when needed. Please feel free to call us on 01748818666 if you have any questions or wish to discuss anything further. We hope to see you soon!