As many of you may have noticed, over the festive period our website underwent a little change. Well in all honesty a major change. We decided a few months ago that we needed to give our website a bit of a refresh, a new look, a facelift!
We hope you agree with us, that it looks amazing and that you are finding it easy to use!
Our old website had been around for a good few years so we felt it was time to upgrade. That task was set to Bronco, another local company who we have been working with, for the last few months getting the design, look and feel right. Not just for us but for you our customers as well.
The vision for our new website:
- Most importantly the new website had to be easy to use.
- We also wanted to fix styling issues we had with the current responsive design.
- We wanted to move away from the off the shelf look site, to a bespoke design.
As always our main focus is our caravans, we wanted to make sure that out of all the changes and alterations that you could still access the vast selection of caravans, motorhomes and accessories easily and find what you’re looking for.
To make the website easy to use we needed to look at our filters, they had to be easy to use and make searching simple, to cover our vast and varied stock. The caravan pages had to be styled right, we wanted additional details to be included as well as larger images, to allow customers to be able effectively view our caravans.
We had, had issues in the past with the previous responsive design so when it came to the new website this was one the main areas of improvement. If you’re searching from tablet or mobile devices you will now find the experience much more accurate, searching effective and the overall look much improved.
Obviously we have many customers who come back time after time for all their caravanning needs so we also wanted to make sure we still had familiarity with the Ropers Caravan World website. You will find some things are still the same; we still offer the great prices we have always had from big name brands. You will still find our fantastic extended warranties, along with our helpful service. And we are still a family business!
In the modern age social media has a huge impact on businesses, so we have also added easy to use social interaction. It’s a great way to keep up with all the company news and our fantastic offers. So if you like our new look, then please share it amongst your family and friends and let us know in the comments below what you think!
Are you interested in the stunning new Bailey Jive? Based on the popular Bailey Pursuit, this caravan is exclusive to Ropers Caravan World and is not to be missed!
Take a look at the brochure now!
Terms & Conditions
- Competition is open to UK residents over 18 upon completion of a retweet/share AND pagelike/follow on either Twitter or Facebook.
- Winner must be a current ‘like’ or ‘follower’ at the time of the draw to qualify, and have shared a valid competition post.
- Competition is not open to employees of Ropers Caravan World, or their families.
- One entry per Facebook or Twitter account allowed.
- Prize offered is as stated and is non-transferrable. Prize will be collected on the day of visit. Further details will be provided to the winner.
- Winner will be drawn at random on Monday 13th October by Ropers Caravan World Senior management.
- Winners will be notified by Direct Message on Twitter, and via an announcement on our Facebook page.
- All entries are to be received by 5pm Sunday 12th October.
- The promoter will not be held responsible for entries which are not received for any reason.
- Winners agree to take part in future promotional activity. The judges decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The names of the winner will be made available for 28 days after the closing date, please send your email request to Abi Swift, email@example.com in a message with a subject heading ‘competition winners’.
This year we were lucky enough to be invited to the Northern Centres Rally 2014 to display the brand new Bailey Unicorn 3 caravans and our own dealer special, The Jive, as well as sell some accessories and generally get involved with the fun and frivolity of the rally weekend!
Travelling to Newby Hall near Ripon on the Thursday, we set up the Lunar Lexon Caravan that the staff would stay in as well as all the brand new display caravans, the Outdoor Revolution Oxygen AirSpeed awning and our own EuRoper Curve lightweight awning. Immediately, we were welcomed into the fold and made to feel very much at home by all the centres members on site that weekend, with offers of cups of tea, plenty of shared conversations and giggles, and invites to the parties!
On the Friday evening, Yvonne and myself went over to the bingo in the marquee, and as self-professed ‘bingo virgins’ we bought a book of five games each and two cards each for the jackpot game. thoroughly confused, we took our seats at a table, and were soon joined by other ‘ralliers’ who were more than happy to help us understand the rules of the game! We came close to a ‘line’ and a ‘house’ a few times during the 5 book games, but it was obvious that beginner’s luck wasn’t on our side! It wasn’t until the jackpot game when I was able to call ‘line’ and win £10! I was so close to a ‘house’ for that game too!
On Saturday morning, we were invited to the official opening of the rally weekend, where all the important people welcomed us all to the site and all the flags for all the centres were unveiled. There was hilarity when one flag did not unfurl when pulled, followed by a nudge with a broom handle, plenty of yanking and eventually a man on a step ladder to help it on it’s way. Apparently ‘there’s always one’ every year which doesn’t unravel as it should, and it’s almost tradition! Following that we were invited to the presidents breakfast where a buffet was served, and we were all given a commemorative plaque for this year’s rally.
Saturday progressed well, with the weather mostly holding off, giving us plenty of time to talk to all the lovely caravan and motorhomers on site, show them the new Bailey caravans and get some feedback from them. As well as selling them some accessories of course! Saturday evening, we joined in with the party that was Pop! Go The Movies, and danced and sang as much as anyone else.
On Sunday, we attended the church service in the morning (those that were there may recognise the term ‘Fawlty Church’!) before opening shop again. Mandy then took over from me, and did the rest of the Sunday and Monday before packing up to come back here to Ropers Caravan World on the Tuesday morning after a hugely successful weekend.
Overall, we are hugely grateful to the Northern Centres team for having us and to everyone on site who came to say hello and offer tea and share stories with us!